The website, forum and shop will be unavailable on Friday 24th February from 11PM to 2AM (3 hour window) as a result of pro-active upgrades at our hosting provider datacentre..
- Published Online: 15 Nov 2015 12:06 AM
- Last Updated: 28 Jan 2016 04:26 PM
- File Size: 222.92KB
- Views: 43476
- Downloads: 5,994
- Number of pages: 24
- Last Review: May 2003
- Next Review: April 2017
- First Published: May 2003
Download Addison's disease owner's manual
Medics Patient GPs
Living with Addison's disease – an owner's manual for individuals with the condition
This guide has been co-written by Sarah Baker and Katherine White, members of the UK Addison’s Disease Self-Help Group, in collaboration with endocrinologist, Professor John Wass. It aims to provide you with sufficient information to allow you to work well with your doctors in fine-tuning steroid replacement therapy and in making informed choices about some of the practicalities of managing the condition.
The Owner's manual was published in 2000, before the formation of the group’s Clinical Advisory Panel. It written by members of the ADSHG with guidance from Prof John Wass and remains a popular introduction to living with Addison’s.
Some of the medical information it was based on has been superseded by more recent research and many of the references it contains are now out of date. Current guidance on clinical best practice from the Addison's Clinical Advisory Panel (ACAP) can be found in the following publications which we encourage you to read alongside the owner's manual.
- ADSHG emergency crisis guidelines
- ADSHG surgical guidelines
- Euroadrenal consensus statement on the diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of patients with primary adrenal insufficiency [external link]
- Managing your Addison’s
- Caring for the patient with Addison’s: information for GPs
- Diagnosing Addison’s: a GP's guide
- Nursing the Addison's patient: notes for nurses
- When an employee has Addison’s: employer’s guide
- When a student has Addison’s: a guide for schools and parents
This booklet is © ADSHG May 2003. It may be copied for personal use or by medical practitioners for the education of their patients. Otherwise it should not be reproduced without written permission of the ADSHG.
Other publications you may be interested in ..
20 Feb 2017 08:14 PM
14 Dec 2016 09:37 AM
18 Sep 2016 03:20 PM
30 Jun 2016 09:08 PM
26 Jun 2016 08:59 PM
26 Jun 2016 07:58 PM
29 May 2016 09:24 AM
26 May 2016 09:39 AM
- 130 Total Published
- 12 Total Categories
- 5 Total Authors
- 56,584 Total Downloads
- ADSHG drugs chart steroid alert stickers Latest Publication
- ACAP Latest Author
user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
members, guests, anonymous users