How you can support us
Obtaining your emergency injection kit
Hydrocortisone injection drugs are only available via prescription from your doctor. They are prescribed as either:
- Hydrocortisone sodium phosphate 100mg (liquid hydrocortisone in a 1ml ampoule)
- Hydrocortisone sodium succinate 100mg (powdered Solu-Cortef plus 2ml water vial)
Note that hydrocortisone acetate (Cortistab) suspension must be avoided for use in cases of adrenal crisis. It has a delayed onset so is ineffective for emergency treatment.
Emergency injections: tips and reminders
ADSHG emergency injection kits are available from our online shop
A range of emergency injection kits for both adults and children is available from our online shop and comprise:
- Sturdy plastic boxes containing safety syringes, amp snaps and photo instructions
- Available in adult and neonate (paediatric) sizes
- Do not contain prescription injection drugs, which must be prescribed by your GP or endocrinologist.
ADSHG adult emergency injection kit - large case