The ADSHG is run by and for people with Addison's. This means we are always looking for people with skills and enthusiasm to volunteer with us. Here are some of the important ways our volunteers help to keep the Group running.
- Organising cake and awareness stalls for ADSHG, eg in hospital foyers, at community events such as local running races
- Hosting or organising local social meetings
- Speaking to students at local paramedic colleges about what it is like to live with a steroid-dependent adrenal condition
- Writing to the 80+ nursing colleges across the UK and Ireland, to explain the importance of including Addison's and steroid-dependence on the undergraduate nursing curriculum
- Staffing the ADSHG's medical and paramedic conference display stalls
- Joining our quarterly Addison's Twitter Chat events to contribute to broader community awareness about Addison's
Please note, the list above is not exclusive. If you are interested to volunteer your time, please contact us.